A war that started with deception on the People of the United States and the world community, continued through extreme Human Rights abuses, ended never gaining any advantage for the US, caused enormous death and suffering, and enriched some contractors…
With last regular troops leaving Iraq, the exit bookkeeping looks as follows:
1) No weapons of mass destruction were found in Iraq, as initially promised;
2) No payment for the cost of the war will be recovered by oil income, as initially promised;
3) No “nation building” was accomplished, as initially promised;
4) No strategic advantage was gained by the US through the war;
5) Permanent damage to national security of the US was created, by causing the reconciliation of Iraq and Iran, who had previously fought endlessly;
6) The Iraq war consolidated anti American sentiments around the world, never seen since WWII;
7) The war involved some extreme Human Rights abuses by the US on Iraqis;
8) To cover up what was going on in Iraq, there was a need to hunt down Assange, abuse Manning, and restrict the freedom of speech and freedom of the press in the United States;
9) The war had an enormous dollar price tag, especially for a bankrupt nation (the discrepancies in estimates so wide, that one must wonder…);
10) The war had a terrible cost in human lives and suffering (the discrepancies in estimates so wide, that one must wonder…);
11) The war enriched some corporate contractors.
Below is an interesting review of the endgame.
How Maliki and Iran Outsmarted the US on Troop Withdrawal
Friday 16 December 2011
by: Gareth Porter, Inter Press Service | News Analysis
Washington – Defense Secretary Leon Panetta’s suggestion that the end of the U.S. troop presence in Iraq is part of a U.S. military success story ignores the fact that the George W. Bush administration and the U.S. military had planned to maintain a semi-permanent military presence in Iraq.
The real story behind the U.S. withdrawal is how a clever strategy of deception and diplomacy adopted by Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki in cooperation with Iran outmanoeuvered Bush and the U.S. military leadership and got the United States to sign the U.S.-Iraq withdrawal agreement.
The ambitious plans of the U.S. military to use Iraq to dominate the Middle East militarily and politically had been foiled by the very regime the United States had installed, and the officials behind the U.S. scheme, had been clueless about what was happening until it was too late.
Joseph Zernik, PhDHuman Rights Alert (NGO)
The 2010 submission of Human Rights Alert to the Human Rights Council (HRC) of the United Nations was reviewed by the HRC professional staff and incorporated in the official HRC Professional Staff Report with a note referring to “corruption of the courts and the legal profession and discrimination by law enforcement in California.”
Flag Counter: 128http://inproperinla.blogspot.com/
http://inproperinla.wordpress.com/ http://human-rights-alert.blogspot.com/ Total Reads: 680,060Followers: 1,215http://www.scribd.com/Human_Rights_Alerthttp://twitter.com/inproperinla
http://www.liveleak.com/user/jz12345 Total Item Views: 585,338
As part of efforts for the preservation of our civilization for future generations:
A call for proposals, ending January 10, 2012.
Occupy Jerusalem-AlQuds – the Party!
Late August 2012
Love, Peace, Justice
Empowering the People through
VIEW VIDEO:11-12-12 Oh My God, it’s Occupy Jerusalem-AlQuds!